2018 Honda CB300F
Stock Image: Chromosphere Red
$795 Freight, Assembly, and Pre-Delivery Inspection + $293 Vehicle Processing
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- The right amount of performance: The 286 cc single-cylinder engine boasts high-performance features such as dual overhead camshafts driven by a Hy-Vo-type silent chain, forked roller rocker arms, a compact four-valve cylinder head, a counterbalance shaft, and liquid cooling.
- Easy maintenance: Shim-style valve adjustment allows easy inspection and maintenance, although with extended inspection intervals you'll ride a long, long time between adjustments.
- Light & nimble: The light and compact engine contributes to the CB300F's nimble steering, intuitive handling and impressive power-to-weight ratio, allowing it to compete with twin-cylinder bikes of similar displacement.
- Compact engine design: The engine countershaft sits lower than the mainshaft in a “stacked" formation to reduce the engine's front-to-rear dimensions.
- Efficient engine: The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing, both contributing to the engine's high-performance credentials.
- Frugal on fuel: The engine produces a remarkably broad torque curve for strong low-rpm performance, the wide spread of power makes the CB300F easy and confidence-inspiring to ride, in both stop-and-go situations and on the highway, while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- Crisp throttle response: Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the current riding and atmospheric conditions. The system delivers optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions, plus improved fuel economy.
- Less vibration - more comfort: A gear-driven counterbalance shaft helps quell engine vibration for enhanced rider comfort. It's located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while improving mass centralization.
- Broad power delivery: The six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine's broad power delivery to produce quick acceleration and excellent fuel economy around town. Taller final drive gearing further improves fuel efficiency during highway cruising.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Anti-lock braking system: The CB300F's ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) provides sure control even on difficult road surfaces.
- Impressive handling & comfort: Diamond-shaped twin-spar steel frame plus a 37 mm front fork and Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
- Outstanding manoeuvrability: Curb weight of only 157.8 kg gives the CB300F outstanding manoeuvrability and helps instill rider confidence.
- Upright seating = Clear view & control: Upright seating position provides a clearer view of the road ahead and helps enhance control.
- Grip & handling of a bigger bike: Full-sized 17-inch cast wheels with a 110/70-17 front tire and a 140/70-17 rear tire provide big-bike feel, grip and handling traits.
- Lightweight & attractive: Minimal bodywork with clean, open, sporty styling is not only attractive it makes the CB300F even lighter.
- Information at a glance: Multi-function digital instrument panel includes speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature display, fuel gauge, clock, odometer and trip meter.
- Plant your feet with ease: A narrow, low-mounted seat makes it easier to reach the ground.
- Double-up with confidence: Grab rails on the tail section are designed to fit gloved hands, giving passengers a dedicated handhold while riding two-up.
- Convenient under-seat stowing: Handy under-seat storage area is lockable to help keep small valuables safe.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, single cylinder
- Displacement: 286 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 77 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 37 mm telescopic fork; 118 mm (4.6 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with spring preload adjustment; 103 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 110/70-17 Rear: 140/70-17
- Brakes: Front: 296 mm disc with 2-piston caliper Rear: 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper (2-channel ABS)
- Seat Height: 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,380 mm (54.3 in.)
- Curb Weight: 161 kg (355 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 13 L
- Colour: Chromosphere Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single cylinder
- 286 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm telescopic fork; 118 mm (4.6 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with spring preload adjustment; 103 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 296 mm disc with 2-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper (2-channel ABS)
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,380 mm (54.3 in.)
- Seat Height
- 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 13 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 161 kg (355 lb.)
- Chromosphere Red
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus