2018 Honda TRX420 DCT IRS EPS - TRX420FA6
Stock Image: Red
Sale: Save $1,000.00 now until 6/30/2019
TRX420 DCT IRS EPS - TRX420FA6
$795 Freight, Assembly, and Pre-Delivery Inspection + $293 vehicle processing
- Maximum efficiency: Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420 cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Improved ground clearance: Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Quality engineering: Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance. Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Easy start, fuel efficient: Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system, gets you going quickly. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for extended range.
- Excellent drivability: Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement provides excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Convenient selector: Handy 4WD/2WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel engages 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions allow.
- Advanced DCT: Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides the compact size and strength of a manual transmission with the convenience of an automatic transmission (plus no belts to slip, break or burn out). DCT features a dual-shift mapping program that automatically selects between two transmission shifting modes—either Cruise or Sport—for optimum shift timing depending on the rider’s pattern of throttle operation. During aggressive use, the Sport mode kicks in and holds the transmission in gear longer before shifting to deliver more aggressive performance. During more relaxed operation, the Cruise mode allows the transmission to shift up sooner for more casual performance and enhanced fuel efficiency. In addition to the fully automatic mode, the DCT transmission also allows riders to employ Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- Powerful output: Powerful AC generator has ample capacity with 450 watts of output.
- Smooth ride: Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness for precise handling and a smoother ride. Double-wishbone independent front suspension offers generous, well-controlled travel, providing a sense of security and control over difficult terrain.
- Dynamic suspension: Independent rear suspension (IRS) design with lower A arms and upper I arms features optimized stiffness for improved handling performance. Comfort is also enhanced with longer travel. Adjustable spring preload featured on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Generous ground clearance: Generous ground clearance of 233 mm (9.2 in.) lets you ride over rough terrain with ease. Tough 24-inch front and rear tires provide excellent ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Precise power steering: Electric Power Steering (EPS) provides reduced low-speed steering effort for enhanced maneuverability and decreased kickback for improved all-around steering action. A three-point mounting setup for the EPS system makes the entire steering mechanism more rigid for precise steering, tighter turning radius and excellent manoeuvrability.
- Durable design: Plastic CV joint boots are durable and tear-resistant, with sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Stopping power: Inboard rear disc brake is mounted on the rear driveshaft, reducing unsprung weight and keeping the disc out of harm’s way in rugged conditions. Large 190 mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes offer impressive stopping power.
- Extra protection: Durable bodywork offers excellent mud and debris protection. One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access for maintenance with no tools required.
- Strong visibility: Twin-headlight system features powerful 35-watt bulbs for improved light distribution.
- Extended range: Large fuel tank with 14.7-litre capacity (including a 4.9-litre reserve) provides extended range. Fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- All-day comfort: Wide seat has thick padding for improved comfort.
- Tow ready: Heavy-duty trailer hitch.
- Multi functional: A host of optional accessories allow you to tailor your TRX Rancher 420 to your needs.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 420 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Fully automatic, five-speed, Dual-Clutch Transmission with selectable Electric Shift (ESP) and reverse
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with 2WD/4WD shifter and torque-sensing front differential
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 215 mm (8.5 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 24 x 8-12 | Rear: 24 x 10-11
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs | Rear: 170 hydraulic disc
- Length: 2,148 mm (84.6 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 233 mm (9.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 887 mm (34.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,294 mm (50.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 308 kg (678 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 L, including 4.9 L reserve
- Colour: Red, Olive
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 420 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Travel
- 185 mm (7.3 in.)
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Rear Travel
- 215 mm (8.5 in.)
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 308 kg (678 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.7 L, including 4.9 L reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 233 mm (9.2 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2,148 mm (84.6 in.) x 1,205 mm (47.4 in.) x 887 mm (34.9 in.)
- 1,294 mm (50.9 in.)
- Final Drive
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with 2WD/4WD shifter and torque-sensing front differential
- Fully automatic, five-speed, Dual-Clutch Transmission with selectable Electric Shift (ESP) and reverse
- Red, Olive
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus