2020 Honda TRX420 - TRX420FM1
TRX420 - TRX420FM1
$795 Freight, Assembly, and Pre-Delivery Inspection + $293 vehicle processing
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Efficient engine: Rugged liquid-cooled 420 cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for extended range.
- Broad powerband: Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Reduced vibration: Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Easy start: Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system, gets you going quickly. Also equipped with a recoil starter as back-up.
- Tough transmission: Rugged five-speed transmission with foot shifter and automatic clutch lets you precisely choose the gear you need. Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement provides excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Convenient selector: Handy 4WD/2WD selector lever, mounted on the left-front panel, engages 4WD when needed for the tough stuff and 2WD when conditions allow.
- Strong output: Powerful alternator has 416 watts of output available.
- Quiet operation: Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA- qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Adjustable suspension: Adjustable spring preload featured on all shocks allows suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions. Double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Precise handling: Tough, large-diameter 24-inch front and rear tires provide excellent ground clearance of 183 mm (7.2 in.) while maintaining great handling characteristics. Front and rear suspension feature 170 mm (6.7 in.) of travel at both ends for a plush and controlled ride.
- Trail ready: Enclosed-axle type swingarm optimizes stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance. Rubber swingarm pivot bushings provide increased low-speed ride comfort and extra durability.
- Durable design: Plastic CV joint boots are durable and tear- resistant with sealed steering-knuckle bearings for extended durability. Steering-mechanism design allows a tight turning radius for excellent manoeuvrability.
- Stopping power: "Large 190 mm dual front hydraulic disc brakes provide strong, consistent stopping power. Rear drum brake is located inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance."
- Rugged design: Durable bodywork offers excellent mud and debris protection. Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard provides extra protection against damage from rocks, sticks or other obstacles.
- Strong visibility: Twin-headlight system features powerful 35-watt bulbs for improved light distribution.
- Easy maintenance: One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access for maintenance with no tools required.
- Extended range: Large fuel tank with 14.7-litre capacity (including a 4.9-litre reserve) provides extended range. Fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- Intuitive display: Full-function instrumentation gives the dash a modern look while providing information at a glance. There's even a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it's time for service.
- New Pro Connect Rack System: New Pro Connect Rack System for accessories. Mount accessories directly and quickly to the rear or front rack of your Rancher using easy Pro Connect Rack System (no tools required). Our purpose-built line of Pro Connect accessories keeps your gear in place and more secure wherever you place your items on the rack while maximizing bed storage. Front and rear steel-tube carriers feature large steel plates and additional tie-down points for improved load security.
- Superior comfort: Seat padding is both thick and soft for excellent comfort.
- Powerful towing: Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 385 kg (848 lb.) towing capacity.
- Multi functional: A host of optional accessories allow you to tailor your TRX Rancher® 420 to your needs.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 420 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
- Power Steering: Not Available
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with 2WD/4WD shifter and torque-sensing front differential
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent Double A-arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 170 mm (6.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single adjustable hydraulic shock; 170 mm (6.7 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 24 x 8-12 Rear: 24 x 10-11
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 160 mm sealed mechanical drum
- Length: 2,103 mm (82.8 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 183 mm (7.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 856 mm (33.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Curb Weight: 279 kg (615 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 litres, including 4.9 litre reserve
- Colour: Patriot Red, Adventure Green
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Use of this product must comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the region in which the product is used. Please consult your local dealer for more information. Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 420 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent Double A-arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Front Travel
- 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single adjustable hydraulic shock
- Rear Travel
- 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Rear Brake Type
- 160 mm sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 279 kg (615 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.7 L, including 4.9 litre reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 183 mm (7.2 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2,103 mm (82.8 in.) x 1,205 mm (47.4 in.) x 856 mm (33.7 in.)
- 1,270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Final Drive
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with 2WD/4WD shifter and torque-sensing front differential
- Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
- Patriot Red, Adventure Green
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus